Healthy Highs is a small, niche consultancy dedicated to achieving and maintaining high performance.
We create businesses, products and services that optimize physical, mental and emotional health and wellbeing – promoting lifespan as well as healthspan. We want you (and your clients) to be healthy, happy and brimming with vitality for all the days of your long life – and we have the experience to get you there.
Although the company is new (launched 2019) the principal, Samantha Foster, has been a leading figure in the spa and wellness industries for over 20 years.
With a degree in Management & Marketing, Sam’s career started with 9 years in global advertising and market research; fields which instilled a deep commitment to innovation that is strongly rooted in strategy.
Joining the spa industry as a Spa Manager in 1999, Sam was quickly recruited to Asia where she has spent the last 20 years working across all types of spa in roles including: therapist, retailer, trainer, manager and consultant. She has developed over 44 spa & wellness concepts in 14 countries; lived in Thailand, Singapore, Philippines and China, and worked extensively throughout Asia, Middle East and the UK.
Wellness resort clients included the award winning health resorts Kamalaya and also Chiva-Som – for whom she headed Business Development for eleven years. Prior to this, Sam created spas for many hotel and resort brands, including: Amari, Club Med, Conrad, Dusit, Hilton, Le Royal Meridien, Mandarin Oriental, Sofitel, Taj Luxury Hotels & Palaces and many independent properties.
In 2011, Sam formed Destination Spa Management (DSM) with two partners, Joy Menzies and Sharon Menzies. The company is headquartered in Bangkok and specializes in the set-up and management of dedicated wellness businesses, including stand-alone wellness centres, full-service health resorts and entire wellness communities. Although now based in Sydney Australia, Sam remains a director and active consultant on DSM’s projects.
Sam is a published author, speaker, educator and industry activist, having instigated the formation of six national and international associations, including the Asia-Pacific Spa & Wellness Coalition (APSWC), for she received two prestigious leadership awards. Her mission is to “make the world happier and healthier” through work that helps people of all ages to truly flourish.
- Developed over 44 spa and wellness concepts in 14 countries.
- Presented at over 100 international conferences and workshops throughout Asia-Pacific and Europe since 2001.
- Global Wellness Institute Expert Initiative member:
- Wellness Communities (2015 – current)
- Consulting Best Practices (2016 – current)
- Member of global Spa Management Certification Taskforce, ISPA (2012 – 2014)
- Judge, AsiaSpa Baccarat Awards 2009 – 2018
- Judge and consultant to organisers, Spa Asia Crystal Awards 2010
- Winner of “Spa Personality of the Year”, AsiaSpa Baccarat Awards 2007
- Winner of “Most Distinguished Industry Leader”, Spa Asia Crystal Awards 2007
- Founder & Chairman, International Health & Wellness Alliance (2013 – 2018)
- Founder & Chairman, Asia-Pacific Spa & Wellness Coalition (2006 – 2009)
- Leadership of various national spa associations: China (2008 – 2010), Singapore (2003 – 2007), Thailand (2000-2002). Advisor to Philippines, India, Nepal (2003 – 2010).
- Lecturer in Spa Development and Spa Management (2002 – 2016).
- Published author: contributor to the first wellness textbook “the Measure of Pleasure – Understanding the Global Spa Industry”, Elsevier 2008.
- Contributing writer to various consumer and trade magazines since 2001.
- Expert witness, re wellness resort planning and execution (UK, 2014). Testimony resulted in saving the client over $60 million in damages.